ROLL ON 2009.......


Happy New Year everybody! I'm back at work today and have to say, Auckland still feels like a bit of a ghost town. I suspect that everyone is still out and about enjoying the gorgeous January weather (you lucky lucky people....)!

I don't mind being in a quiet office too much though. The beginning of the year, when it's slightly quieter, is a great time to take stock, get organised (for me this involves a lot of filing and clearing out- not glamorous but a definite necessity!) and to plan for the year ahead.

2009 will be an interesting one....many people are, understandably, not feeling that optimistic about the economic situation, both in New Zealand and worldwide. However, I am a firm believer that where there are challenges and problems, there are opportunities. As far as our own industry goes, I think that this year increasing numbers of Kiwi business owners will start to realise that PR is actually a highly effective and value for money tool. I am sure that many of them will have learned, after experiencing past economic downturns, that the companies that keep their profile up, through advertising and PR, are the ones that survive and come out of the dark recession tunnel even more successful than when they entered it.

I am looking forward to helping both existing and new clients through these turbulant and demanding times.

On another note, I have just found this PR blog, written by Lou Draper, the owner of Rockstar PR. It's always good to discover another New Zealand PR blog (there don't seem to be that many around....) and I thoroughly recommend popping over and having a read.

No comments: