A LETTER TO PR SANTA........


Dear PR Santa,

I've been very good this year. I've worked lots of hours, I've gained lots of coverage for clients, I've graduated from Account Executive to Account Manager (whippee!) and I've even kept my desk tidy (ish...)

So, I thought that you might like to know what I'd like for PR Christmas?

Firstly, I would like someone to develop a cheap, but effective tool that allows measurement and evaluation of PR programmes. I would also like this tool to be easy to use and for it to produce data that both client and consultant understand. So, PR Santa, if you could pop that in my stocking on the way over to your mince pie and sherry, that'd be great.

Secondly, I would like people to stop talking about public relations as if everyone involved in the industry is dark, evil and immoral. A few 'spin doctors' have tarnished our profession and it's taking a long time to shake this association. I would like people to realise that the vast majority of PR consultants take ethics and honesty very seriously.

Thirdly, I would like to see more PR people (both in-house and consultants) supporting PRiNZ events. Their regular networking and seminar events are always absolutely brilliant.

Finally, I would like the people running my office to introduce beanbags, an ice-cream machine and a three day weekend. That last one might be a tad unreasonable but who cares- it's Christmas and I have been very very good,

Yours,

A Festive PR Consultant xx

And with that, I shall sign off for the year. I hope you all have a very merry Christmas, full of mince pies, too much sherry and happiness for both you and your families. I look forward to a lot more PR blogging in the New Year and maybe even meeting a few readers at some PRiNZ events in 2009 (that's if anyone actually reads this blog- I do have my doubts. Ah well, I enjoy it and that's the main thing!!)

Merry Christmas!!!

P.S. The 'Dear Santa' idea was stolen from my UK friends over at PR and Comms ;)

P.P.S. My Santa photo is the strangest thing I've ever seen....that's Santa related

No comments: