AD JINGLES ARE DRIVING ME NUTS



This is what I have in my head at the moment- stuck on never-ending repeat....

"I've got the whole world in my hands
I've got the whole wide world in my hands
I've got the whole world in my hands
I've got the whooooole world in my hands."

Now, I loved this hymn as a child but my love is currently being wrecked by the advertising industry! Has anyone else noticed the overuse of this particular song in (distinctly 'Apple-like') TV ads at the moment? Last night I was subjected to this tune 3-4 times in the space of one ad break! It felt like I was on that 'It's a Small World' ride at Disneyland (if you have ever been on this ride, you'll know what I'm talking about....)

At one point, two ads in a row used this song (PSP and MIT, if I'm not mistaken) Serious 'whole world' overload....

Somebody please change the record....

No comments: