BAD PR AWARD OF THE MONTH: ROLEX SAVES OWEN WILSON'S LIFE!!


I just spotted a link to this story on Hazel Phillip's Ad Hoc blog over at the NBR website and had to post it here as well.

The author of the story (Melrose Jewelers) basically claims that owning a Rolex helped well known actor, Owen Wilson, 'realise his life was valuable and worth living.' Yep, you heard that right. A Rolex brought Owen back from the brink of suicide....

This is bad. It's so bad, that I'm not sure whether to be offended by the sheer tastelessness of it or to dissolve into a fit of giggles
I don't know why anyone would write this story....Maybe it's supposed to be a joke? Who knows.

If I was Owen's publicist, I would be sending Melrose a sharply worded email!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, an appalling piece of tat....and we wonder why as a profession we get a hard time when people like the creators of this tripe are calling themselves PR professionals...

Anonymous said...

Probably the most appallingly tasteless piece of 'brand association' I've ever seen!