WHAT'S IN YOUR PR BAG?


This post was inspired by my English friends over at the PR and Comms Network. I thought it would be interesting to see whether there is any difference between what British and Kiwi public relations consultants choose to carry around.

The rather organised gentleman over at PR and Comms survives each day with only a few essentials, including his iPhone and a copy of the Economist neatly filed away in his 'man bag'. Click here to read the full list.

As I type this, I am looking in trepidation at my plum coloured Karen Millen handbag, which is sat, bulging, on the floor next to my desk.... Looking inside, I discover the following:
  • A matching Karen Millen wallet, stuffed with receipts, money, my various cards, driving license and notes from my boyfriend

  • An apple, to join the two other wizzened apples and tangerine on my desk that I never get around to eating!

  • A hairbrush

  • A pair of Bill Bass sunglasses that reaaallly need replacing

  • A big bunch of keys, complete with London phone-box keyring

  • A mini Crunchie bar

  • A small sandwich bag of dry cereal (don't ask)

  • A couple of Sharpies that I keep forgetting to take back to the advertising studio in my building

  • A collection of random coins and car park receipts

Along with my handbag, I also have my laptop.

I feel rather shamed compared to the neat and tidy blogger in the UK. So, now that I have laid bare the contents of my handbag, I'm interested to hear....what do you have in your PR bag?

Do you have as much useless stuff in your bag as me? Is it a woman thing? Do the guys over in London have less stuff because they generally don't drive to work- they tend to either walk or take the tube and just aren't able to carry as much around?

Or is it just me?

1 comment:

Alex P said...

To be fair your bag is rather nicer than my scruffy old satchel. And the presence of food never goes amiss.