OWEN GLENN STANDS UP FOR HIS RIGHTS ON 60 MINUTES


Who else watched the 'A Rich Man's World' feature on 60 minutes last night? I have to say that after reading all the negative stories about the interviewee, Owen Glenn, in the press, especially in relation to the whole Winston Peters saga, I was preparing myself for the worst. I had pretty much decided that I wasn't going to like the man.

Annoyingly, by the end of the segment my opinion had changed. I thought that he came across really well in the interview. He made no excuses for his wealth and I found myself agreeing with him when he said 'I worked hard for my money- I'm not going to apologise for being well off'. I also didn't realise how much support he gives to worthy causes around the world. I found myself warming to him much more after I discovered just how much money he is giving away, in the bid to make a difference.
I think it's true that we live in a 'tall poppy' society. People get uncomfortable when others break away from the mould and become super successful. I applaud Owen for standing up against those that would shoot him down.

I think it was a great PR move on his part to agree to be interviewed by 60 Minutes- he has certainly won me over.

No comments: